Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Poems in a drawer

I wrote two new lyric poems today. I don't know yet if they will amount to songs, but it still felt good to do some writing. This vacation has been slow-going, but there have been many things to inspire me.

Both poems are really rough, and I don't feel like sharing them tonight. I have tucked them away in a drawer with ink cartridges and a stapler.

I went shopping tonight. I bought several sweaters and a light jacket. Now, I just need to work up the motivation to exercise. Then, I will know I have completed all of the tasks I set for myself today.


Autumn's birthday yesterday was decent. We went to Logan's and then came back to my place for dessert. It's been a while since I had guests over. Jeremy tends to have his buddies over, and I always feel ashamed that the house is not in order. Luckily, Jeremy helped me clean and straighten up the house yesterday afternoon. It was good that I didn't have to feel like I was being judged by my mother.

No comments: