Friday, December 19, 2008

Another Snow Day

I received my snow day call earlier that usual. My district often calls them quite late. I decided to go back to sleep, as I spent most of the night coughing. I don't feel awful, and I'd really like to fly somewhere this weekend, but I feel like I'd be putting other people through hell thinking that they are going to catch this cold.

I don't know why I keep getting sick. Over the past four months, I have spent much of my time recovering. I believe my immune system is compromised simply because of where I work. The building is old, the ventilation system is non-existent, and there is so much mold and asbestos that it weakens me on a daily basis.

I also haven't been as active as I'd like. My weariness (and my constant sneezing and coughing) has kept me away from the gym. That does factor in, I suppose.


I think I will start my day today by scrubbing the kitchen. I don't think we are going to find a flight to Frankfurt with seats available today. Perhaps tomorrow will bring a seat or two. Then all I have to do is find a place for us to stay while we are there - which will NOT be easy. Nuremberg is sort of the "official" center of German Christmas festivities. That's why we want to go there right now.

No comments: