Monday, December 22, 2008

(very) rough draft

So, I decided to share something that's been rolling around in my head today. It's rough, to say the least, and I don't know if I should be sharing it just yet, but I am taking a small leap of faith here. Be kind; this is just the beginning stage of my (writing) process.

I don't have the chords just yet, but I do have a progression in mind (What key does 'Hey There, Delilah' start in? D Major? That's the key I hear in my head.). It would sound so much better on a baritone uke than my tenor uke. Perhaps I will be making my collection well-rounded (soprano, tenor, and baritone) this coming year.

...

A Dream of the Earth


I'm only worth the words
dripping from my mouth
My tired soul bound to the ground


Walking and twisting away
Frightened by the end of my search
to discover I am the dream of the Earth.


Shadows slinking down
to the empty places
where we used to be


So, leaving today
Looking down to the places
that we leave behind


Drifting through the memories
of when I was her -
just a small dream of the Earth.


Fluttering on the wind
of ideas gone awry
always a sad, old lie


Bravely marching forward
to every new scene
wondering what sad thoughts really mean


And I'm walking again
In streams of rain
That wash away the dream of the Earth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! Truly Awesome! I can't wait to hear it when its done!! Its beautiful!