Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Morning

I used to have a Sunday morning ritual. I'd wake up from a lengthy slumber with Jeremy at my side. We'd nuzzle and cuddle for nearly an hour before officially starting the day. We'd make our way downstairs for breakfast (sometimes we'd opt to go to Plato's Coney Island). After eating, we'd read PostSecret and talk. I miss that. I never really expressed how wonderful that routine was for me.

This morning, my three alarms sounded before I wanted to wake up. I walked downstairs alone, read PostSecret alone (I realize I haven't read it in months), and then got ready to help Melissa move the contents of her storage unit to her new rental house in Berkley. Unfortunately, the elevator wasn't working today, and she had to change her plans. We did load up some items into her vehicle (Eric ended up taking the Budget truck back to Southfield) and planned for another move time during this next week or over next weekend. All-in-all, it should only take an hour or so to load up the truck, perhaps thirty minutes to drive to the house, and an hour to unload. We also will need to move items for Eric's apartment (where they've been living). I am more than willing to help. I think I will be needing some assistance this summer when I will have to move. I need to spend some time sorting and tossing out items that just don't mean that much to me anymore.

When I came home, I opened windows, straightened the flower bed areas around my place, and bathed the cats. They were happy about the former moreso than the latter. I was able to avoid getting clawed. They bounced back from the excitement rather quickly and are sunning themselves by the back door. I am now going to spend a little chunk of time on things for me. I might play the uke, or go for a walk, or possibly ride my bike. I need to do something non-school-related with the gift of this beautiful afternoon NOT moving someone into their new home.

On the health side of things, my skin is splitting at the corner of my mouth again (well, not again, per se - the other side is splitting now). I feel embarrassed about this, even though it is hardly noticeable and it is just a condition caused by stress, dehydration, and vitamin deficiency. I can understand how those with cold sores and extreme acne (and other visible skin irritations) feel. I have never been plagued with much more than the occasional blemish here and there, and this makes me feel like I am like some hideous monster. The skin will take a while to heal (old, trusty petroleum jelly is best after the area is cleaned properly).

No comments: