Thursday, July 15, 2010

You're Not Ready!

Speaking with counselors didn't help. All I needed was someone who would listen to the entire conversation and point out the obvious to me without an opinion that somehow was tied to her own preferences for my life.

The last several weeks have presented some new opportunities and some new challenges. I was psyched about some of these things, even though I didn't know what I was supposed to learn.

Without divulging how I learned or what I learned, I can still say that what I want and where I'm headed are guided by what I really want. I haven't lost sight of that.


I had thought that yet another friend was passing sort of cruel judgment on my status by saying, "You're not ready!" I was immediately offended. I argued against this, even though I didn't know exactly what I was fighting for or why I was fighting it.

I shared this conversation and a few others with one of the most incredible friends I have ever had. She didn't try to tell me what to think. Instead, she let me share and asked me questions that made me really think about my home, my life, my needs, etc. She helped me to connect the dots that I hadn't realized were much closer than they originally appeared.

Tonight I learned that I am not ready, just as someone else had said to me. This awareness is now reflected in me, and I can honestly say that I feel much better about it. I have an idea where I am headed, as all roads must lead somewhere, and it is possible to leave this entire situation behind and find something much more meaningful and positive.

Thank you ... for commentary (even though I didn't understand at the time and felt hurt at the time you shared it)...and thank you ... for listening, for helping with the analysis, for being supportive, and for just being the awesome person you are!

No comments: