Thursday, August 05, 2010

My Soap Box

I learned today that when you have someone figured out, it's better to just keep it to yourself.

I suspected something about a friend, so I asked a very direct question (only because it does relate to me). I wanted a direct answer. I can handle direct answers. In fact, I love direct answers, even if they cause me pain. Instead of a direct answer, though, I received a feigned emotional redirect with a question and sarcasm.

It's clear to me that I was right, but this other person obviously didn't see this about himself, so he decided to share disrespectful commentary with me through a text message. He also said I am on a soap box. I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposedly arguing on this soap box as we haven't had any conversation for a week or so.

He wants space, so I'll give it to him. I won't disrespect his wishes, even though he disrespected me. As much as I need to resolve this, my need will have to wait until he is reasonable again. If that doesn't happen, that's going to have to be fine, too.

No comments: