Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New Treatment

The soft (medicated) cast on my right foot is already working its magic. By the end of a full week with this thing on, though, it definitely won't feel (or probably smell) so magical. At least my toes are not encapsulated by the mixture of paste, medicine and various bandages. I can clean them at will, very carefully, of course.

I am going to ask if I can have digital copies of my X-rays when I go in next week. It's not that I want to take them to another doctor. I just want to see if I can start to understand what's been wrong with my feet for a while now.

Heel spurs, tendonitis, arches that exceed normal standards, toe pain, muscle pain, poor circulation, weakness, etc. I am so much better with visuals. Plus, I could subject my friends to images of the insides of my feet. Now that would be fun!


I told some OTC pain medication that sent me reeling away from normal, calm interaction to a hyper version of myself. Some people were plagued with my outrageous laughing and joke-cracking over the phone. I don't believe that these people were really prepared for me in that state. That is primarily why I avoid all medication. My body just does not know how to react and I am often a bit wild and crazy, scratching my arms in true OCD fashion (sometimes my neck, legs, and torso, as well), and/or staring blankly at things while in a complete daze.

I've never felt compelled to try illicit drugs. There's never been a need, and I am always trying to feel in control of something in my life. There isn't much that I can control (not for a lack of trying), so sobriety makes me feel in control. If I really need to feel spaced out, Sudafed is enough. If I needed a depressant, alcohol works. Ibuprofen tends to do that, too. If I need to perk up, certain vitamins, herbal remedies, and mood stabilizers in something like Midol definitely do the trick.

No comments: