Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Scheduling Friends

I met an old high school friend for breakfast today because he was in town. It was a nice visit. There was a touch of oddness to the visit, though, because in all the years I have known him, I have never before hung out with this person without other people present. We've never really made plans to do this before.

It's not to say that he is someone I wouldn't mind hanging out with again. We've always gotten along. It just seemed like a stretch for us to embark on the new journey of hanging out without everyone else's discussions woven into our interaction.

I'm friends with his roommate and his brother. We weren't close in high school, nor are we close now, but it seems odd that, all of a sudden, we all seem to want to take the time to learn about one another. I have a schedule filling with friends.

We discussed what keeps us busy during these long, lazy days of summer and the things that we thought we'd be doing at this point in our lives.

All-in-all, it was a nice morning out. I don't see a lot of mornings this time of year, but I'm glad I saw today's.

1 comment:

MrsPookJohansen said...

sooo wonderful to share a good breakfast, a hot cup of coffee, and some stimulating conversation.