Monday, August 09, 2010

Open Doors

I have spent the last two days inside my home, exiting only to dump recycling bins and trash, plant a few seeds outside, and reach a hand out to the mailbox to find impersonal messages. The doors have remained open for most of that time, though.

So, what have I been doing?

Living and working for others.

I am being patient with people who may not deserve it. I keep trying to be understanding, but my own beliefs about what they should be doing after I spend my free time preparing things for them simply do not jive with what they choose to do. I am not expecting thank-yous as I had figured I wanted several weeks ago. I suppose what I really want is for them to give up their free time to, at least, consider what I have done for them. I want them to stop wasting time - stop wasting life.

We simply do not get enough time here.

That would be why I choose to open doors again. John Donne said "No man is an island." I can see what is out there and choose to be a part of it.

No comments: