Sunday, October 31, 2010

Rant

Okay, so here's the deal...

If you want to ask me out on a date, just frickin ask me already. Don't ask if you'll see me somewhere and then get upset with me and throw information at me to make me feel guilty for not going, i.e. bothering other friends to go with you, bringing up other women hitting on you, etc.

If you don't actually make plans with me, I don't feel guilty about changing my plans for the evening. In fact, I move right to resentment because you just expect things of me that are not within the parameters of our current status. I've given up enough for you and am only willing to entertain the notion of dating you if you meet me in the middle. That's only fair. I will no longer be a martyr for anyone or any relationship.


On a related note...

If you call me at 11 p.m., 12:30 a.m., 1:45 a.m., and later, I am not going to interact with you. I'm finally sleeping on a normal schedule (the first time in my life), and it is doing wonders for me personally. Sure, the summer provided me ample time to change my schedule, but that is simply not the reality of my life at the moment. I have a very regular schedule because of work, community activities, committees, and health problems I used to face. I have these things under control now, and I would appreciate your consideration and respect.

No comments: