Wednesday, April 05, 2006

...

I cannot seem to get away from the computer today. I've been visiting all sorts of sights. I perused some sites belonging to friends from years ago. Mike really needs to update. I have always loved looking through the lesson plans he has on file for his classes. We seem to have a lot of similar ideas, but we never really discuss what it is we do in our classrooms. We should. We both teach English. It might be nice to have some input into my more difficult lessons.
I have been visiting worldmusicsupply.com a lot. I am trying to find the best deal for my next purchase (a brand new drumset could cost me under $500 with ALL of the hardware!). What I really need to be doing is thinning out my supply of instruments. I still have the xylophone. I will be visiting WMU for class on Saturday. Perhaps I should post new flyers (or is it fliers? I don't know right now).
I've been looking through research on hypnotism and its benefits for weight loss and anxiety control. Also, medical sites that are helping me to understand what is going on with my mother. Yoga sites, Reenee's site, cartoon sites, banking sites...I just can't stop.
___
I went up to work. I filled out professional development forms I've been avoiding for the past three months. I placed them in my supervisor's mailbox. Better late than never, right?
___
I finished a lot of paperwork for the my grad school applications. I am almost done with my personal statements. I am letting each of them rest for tonight. I will revise tomorrow morning after a jog through the woods here, weather permitting. I need to send those pronto. I have to contact my former professor for a letter of recommendation. Arnie said he'd do it; I just need to send him an update resume. I need to provide him all of the envelopes, etc. Perhaps I should call him tomorrow or stop by his office at Western. He is there most workdays. He's a very dedicated department chair. I could also stop and see J.D. Dolan, as well as Professor Krawutschke and Professor Blickle. I saw Blickle about a year ago at a recital. I haven't talked to Krawutschke since late 2002.
___
I need to also make an appointment to do my taxes.
___
I have a basic list of what I need to accomplish tomorrow. It keeps growing with each passing minute. Those of you who know me, you know I am a list person. The problem is that I keep adding onto the lists. They never end. Then, I see scribbles, so I rewrite them.
___
I feel quite jumpy at the moment. I rode the bike for thirty minutes. Not too much, but I pushed the last ten minutes, averaging about 18 miles per hour on full resistance. I also combined that with lifts and muscle tension. My side started to ache the way it does when I run too long. I found the cure, though. As I speed along, I just have to put my hands in (YOGA) prayer pose behind my back. It opens up the chest and airway. I can breathe much more easily, and that alleviates the pain. If only I knew that sooner.
___
I found two novellas today that I should really have Arnie and J.D. read. Perhaps they can point me in the right direction for an agent and a publisher. I just need to NOT chicken out.

No comments: