Thursday, April 13, 2006

Three-Day Weekend! Wahoo!

I am now writing more on my blog than in my physical journal. This is not a bad thing. I enjoy knowing others read this. It is validation on some level, even though it is not a novel or play. The courage it takes to send those out is in me but has not surfaced. I used to have it. I am working on two pieces that I want to enter into the Writer's Digest competition. I'm not sure that I will, though. I don't think they will be ready in time for the deadline. I can submit them later, when another competition nears.

I have very little to do over the weekend. I may need to drive to Jeremy's, as his car is in need of repairs, but that would be okay. I just don't want to get trapped at my parents' house, although I'm sure some new writing would result from whatever catastrophe comes up.

_______________________

I haven't seen many of my friends in a while. Melissa. Maureen. Mike. Rebecca. Brendan. Wendy. Nathan. Those people who have been through all of it with me, regardless of how badly I may have handled certain situations or feelings. I email. I call. But I don't visit. Am I a bad friend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely NOT! Don't even think that! I still consider you one of my best and closest friends. We both have very busy schedules and we make time when we can. We keep in touch via e-mail, phone, thoughts, blogs.....that is the important thing.