Monday, April 03, 2006

...

My Spring Break started out terrible. I took the GRE Literature in English test at Western. What a nightmare! I ran out of time, which quite common, and I didn't know a lot of the stuff on the test - Marxist theory and how it relates to several authors throughout their works, identification of two lines from one piece of literature and who wrote it. I made educated guesses based on linguistics, etc., but it was difficult! The grammar as it related to the different questions was fine, and I was able to do the literary analysis stuff. I studied for four months and have no idea what range I placed in.

Drove to see Jeremy, even though I didn't really want to. He filled up the time with outings with other couples. It was nice to get out and do something different, but I just wanted to rest, and perhaps, clean a little. Living alone is nice because I can be as obsessive as I want. I like things clean - bleach clean. Always. I straighten fringe on rugs and make and remake my bed until everything is equal and properly folded. I know it's a bit crazy, but I feel comfortable like this. It doesn't get in the way of my everyday life, so it shouldn't be a problem.

But, I digress. It was great to wake up next to Jeremy two days in a row. It definitely turned my break around, although my mom was somewhat pissed that I was staying at Jeremy's. We lived together! For two years! We've been dating for almost six. It's not like I'm in high school or something.

Anyway, my parents bought a brand new 2006 Jeep Cherokee Laredo (fully loaded!) on Friday. My mom is so happy. The 2000 Jeep is still running well, but it has a lot of miles. They are trying to sell it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lish, I might be in the market for a new vehicle.....can you have your dad shoot me an e-mail with the details?

Lish said...

To be honest...I don't think you want this one. They've fixed and replaced a lot, but they are trying to get rid of it before they have to replace about six different engine components. That could be mighty expensive.

It runs well...now. In about another year, maybe not so well.

Anonymous said...

oh, ok....thanks.