Tuesday, April 18, 2006

...

I never have anything really important to say on this. I consider freewriting or putting my research up here, but I never do. This time, it's not a confidence issue. What I have written IS quite good - and my article is being published over the summer!!! The problem with posting my freewriting is that I do most of that writing longhand and at home. I have internet access (I definitely stepped into the nineties last September when I got dial-up again!), but I don't seem to fire it up and write. I mostly check on my accounts, email a few people, read several blogs, and then log off.

My stress is from work. So, that is where I tend to write online - after hours when all of my colleagues have gone home to their families. I sit back in my twirly chair in my little office and just type. I could tell you about my unruly students or the fact that I have to submit paperwork for copies at least 24 hours in advance. I could discuss the highlights from today's staff meeting.

I write stories about the thrill of running through the woods out back (there is a terrific nature trail behind my school). I have built up a routine that keeps me from being my anger and frustration home, which is great. I feel healthy, the muscle in my legs is returning (immobilizing an injured knee takes its toll, especially when you favor it and become lazy after it heals).

There really is no point to today's entry, just a small glimpse into my world. I'm overall mellow. I'm overall happy. I'm overall forward-thinking and hopeful. I'm overall at peace.

I think I will drop off my papers and bags at my car and take a walk before I leave school. I need the exercise.

Today's schedule (what's left, anyway):

4:45 walk the trail
5:15 drive home, maybe pick up a lottery ticket on the way (it's either a waste of money or a wise investment)
5:40 arrive at home, relax
6:00 make dinner (healthy - peas, rice, Morningstar Chik'n, cranberry sauce, milk or water)
6:30 grade papers while watching TV
7:30 write while sitting on my patio
8:00 ride bike or do yoga (watch TV during or after)
11:00 go to bed

I need a highly structured life. I am a "list" person.


I am f'n boring! I guess living in rural Michigan will do that to you. I need a change of venue again. Maybe somewhere in the northern suburbs outside of Detroit. I am going to call about a job there tomorrow.

No comments: