Friday, May 19, 2006

...

Despite my concerns this week, work was actually fairly decent. I was worried about retaliation from a certain somebody, but he was confined to his office by administration. If the rest of the year continues like this, I shall be quite content. Classes, overall, flew right by.

I am eager for summer vacation. I decided not to take grad classes or work during this time. Things have been so crazy in my life these last few years; I just want time to relax, exercise, and get my life situated back in the Detroit area.
Last year, I took a number of classes at Western and Ball State and did well (4.0, baby!), but I don't think I have it in me to do that again. I was in "the zone" working two jobs while I didn't have to teach. At least I know I am capable of surviving a work schedule nightmare such as that again.

I am baking bread this evening for no reason - I just want to something different. I haven't heard back from James about hanging out this week. Maybe I'll just give Carmen a call. Or maybe Noah. Well, maybe not Noah. He might get the wrong idea, especially after last year.
I know - I should give Mike a call and have him visit tomorrow!

--------------------------------------------

My wanting to hang out with people is actually a derivative of my wanting to drink. I know I can drink without others, but it doesn't seem as bad. I have no wine in my apartment anymore. I do have a little bit of Bailey's left. Today feels like a Scotch day, though.

--------------------------------------------

I know, I know. I'm unloading my emotions without producing anything useful.

--------------------------------------------

I like being 25. I like being beyond the age where I am treated as if I don't know anything, although every school year someone thinks I'm a student or a brand new teacher - fresh out of college. I've kept the idealism, which is great when my administrators observe me or when someone comes in to observe for new ideas. It is nice to appear young...sometimes. I hope that I still get carded at 30.

That's enough of that.

No comments: