Tuesday, May 23, 2006

...

So, I bumped into the guy today. Another teacher and I went out to lunch, and upon returning, the guy was at one of the doors. The other teacher called to him to hold the door and he did. I hesitated - I really wanted to just walk around to the front of the building, but I decided to stick with the other teacher.

The guy actually held the door for us as we walked in. He didn't say anything, as I think he's been instructed not to initiate conversation, but I did squeak out a 'thank you'. I didn't like saying it, but he did hold the door. I'm just happy that we didn't have some sort of falling out. I guess I expected a certain level of retaliation - maybe his ten days off work was the time for that. My administration hasn't said whether or not this man is in counseling for his behavior. God, I hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are like me, you build up these hypothetical situations in your head and predict that it will be much worse than it actually turns out to be.
If I come across a remedy for this, I'll let you know...otherwise, we should plan on tearing our hair out together..