Monday, May 29, 2006

...

I spent most of my day today relaxing and watching TV. I know I should focus on my lesson plan for Wednesday's interview, but I just cannot bring myself to finish it - I have been working on it in small chunks, though. You know, whatever I can complete in between games of FreeCell and Spider Solitaire. I cleaned out several cupboards here and tossed a bunch of containers I no longer use. I want my pack/move to go smoothly, so I am trying to eliminate as much as possible as quickly as possible. If my uncle allows me to rent out his townhouse, he may decided to leave his furniture - which could cause a small problem, as I have a large furniture - and lots of it. We'll have to wait and see what my needs will be in the way of housing.

The real estate field is really a buyer's market at this point. I've been looking at my options for rent-to-own and zero down purchases in the Farmington Hills area, as well as A2/Ypsi/Belleville. I am so happy that I have great credit. Some of my friends have wound up in credit card debt (and other debt) from our college years. I've always been one to save money and pay things off early. This just means that I've never really taken vacation trips, other than a weekend away in say, Traverse City or Chicago. I've moved to some interesting places, so I guess that will have to count for something.

I think Jeremy's given up on moving to New Zealand in the next ten years. I already feel as though we are planting roots. Perhaps when we go there on a trip (hopefully in two years if all goes well), we can decide if that is something to kick around again.

...

I have been trying to map out graduate study so that I finish in a couple of years. If I get hired at Country Day, I'd probably attend Oakland or Wayne State, and if I get hired at BHS, I will probably go to U of M or Eastern. I know I could go to any of these, but I want to make sure I am not spending my life driving. I need to get back into Dearborn's (summer) orchestra and begin teaching private percussion lessons again.

...

I think I might throw a house-warming party at the next place I live. I never do that, and I would love to have old friends and new(er) friends over for a visit.

...

Just got a call from my dad. He took my mom to the ER this afternoon - she was really ill this weekend. She is already in poor health, so he took her in, just to make sure it wasn't pneumonia. She's okay - she is getting over some virus going around. She was a mess this morning. Whatever they prescribed is supposed to alleviate pain and prevent the blood vessels in her brain from bursting. I will be driving home tomorrow afternoon to spend time with her and prepare for my interviews on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! I hope your mom is doing better! Please pass along my well wishes for her....
And good luck in your interview tomorrow...I'm sure you'll ace it. You are a very strong and confident person.