Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Good Morning!

I woke at 10:30 today. I thought I remembered posting something last night, so I checked - and yes, I did post something. Something ridiculous. I considered removing it, but Az had already commented, so my little secret was out. What does it matter, anyway?

I am chipper and anxious to begin my day, but first I thought I'd write some of my thouhts on my blog. I had extremely vivid and creative, yet realistic, dreams. Some will, undoubtedly, find themselves in my shorter fiction collections. I just wish I felt my creative writing was ready for publication. I had both Brendan and Mike give me literary comments on them - Brendan because he's a literary snob and Mike because he writes a lot, too, and is a high school English teacher. These two provided a great deal of feedback. I think I will send my work to Eric - an old writing group partner. Perhaps we can resurect our little writing group with several new members.

I finished off a bottle of wine last night. I had had one glassful about a week or so ago, and the bottle had been sitting in my fridge since then. I just never know when to stop when it comes to wine. With hard liquor and beer, I have a limit, but wine doesn't offer me that same feeling. I originally started with one glass so that I wouldn't go and buy fast food. I wasn't about to walk 2.5 miles, and I simply will not operate a vehicle if I've consumed alcohol. I just continued to drink. I watched The Last of the Mohicans, called Autumn (told her husband to ignore the computer for an hour and spend time with his wife!), spoke to Jeremy, posted blogs, sent a couple of emails, and then went to sleep. The emails seemed like a good idea at the time, but I am not so sure now. Oh, I wrote a (really good) brand new personal statement for my grad school applications - I am resubmitting my applications to start in the winter semester as my life will be chaotic until I get the hang out things in my new school. Plus, I am going to be a little overwhelmed as I learn how to approach teaching a foreign language. I started three new stories - one seems to be something I can build into something larger. It would probably work best as a screenplay.

I should drink more often. Famous last words, right? Watch me spiral into an alcoholic nightmare. I am fairly certain I carry that gene. There is a high percentage of alcoholism in my family. Plus, a couple of years ago, I was very much a heavy drinker - I went out after work most days out the work week, then spent weekends drinking. Sometimes, I could resist and be the DD, but those moments were far and few between. I am a much more lively person while drinking, while during most of my sobriety, I am such a stick in the mud.


I am working on that.


Jeremy and I finally have "couple" friends. Joel and Jill are so much fun. We've gone out to dinner, hung out making fun of TV shows, gone for ice cream. In August, we are going up to Traverse City together to get away.

I am still a daily to-do list person, but I don't set my expectations too high anymore.

I am getting into art lately. I never really cared before - even though I've loved going to art galleries since I was little.

I started doing more photography.

I am thinking of putting together a list of things I'd like to experience before I die - not that I anticipate dying any time soon. I just think that I need find a way around regretting what I haven't done.

1 comment:

Lish said...

I limit myself to wine now, as I live in wine country.
I used to keep a stocked liquor cabinet, full of all sorts of hard liquor. It was getting quite costly when I was replacing a bottle or two a day.