Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Stick a fork in me

So, Jeremy and I had a wonderful time with our respective families. I relaxed and took in the sights. I was thinking of posting some of the pictures, but most of the good ones have people in them, and I really don't feel comfortable posting pictures of others without their permission.

Port Sanilac was lovely. We stayed on the boat overnight and then sailed down to Lexington on Tuesday morning. We visited with Jeremy's grandmother for a short while and then had to get a ride back to his car to drive to my parents' house. The barbecue was nice. We helped my parents clean up and then crashed at their house.

This morning, we went apartment hunting again. We visited places in Ypsi and Canton - Canton is definitely the winner. Jeremy loved the one I had picked out a week ago.
$709 - 750 a month (depending on the upgrades), 2-bedroom townhouse, complete with a basement. Several available this month, patios in courtyards, allow pets and there is NO monthly charge. Water is included, and there are washer/dryer hookups in the basement. Best Buy has a decent deal right now - full size washer and dryer combo for $400 - they are adequate for rental living. And they have a hell of an incentive to sign a lease this month (money off each month for four months!). We don't need anything extravagant, so this place is a great deal.

Now, I'm back in Paw Paw, trying to gather everything I need for my test of Saturday (German MTTC), as well as all of the paperwork I will need for my rental application.

I'm exhausted - I need a vacation from my vacation.

No comments: