Wednesday, June 28, 2006

...

So, Teresa and Jessie have sent emails that isntruct me to tell secrets about myself. One says to include 50 and the other - 100. I would like to fill them out and send them along (or post them here), but that overly-suspicious part of me wants to know why someone would need to know so much. I am paranoid about releasing information about myself. I've also noticed that Peaj posted a list on her blog.

I wonder what can be gleaned from giving information such as this. Is it just interesting? Are people making assumptions about who I am based on past evidence? Will I say the wrong thing and upset someone else? Why do I feel the need to keep this stuff inside me? Do I really know what about me is worth revealing?

Perhaps I will just begin a list and see where things go. Maybe 30 or so to start.

Reenee, you should do this, too. Just so I am not feeling alone.

1. I don't like being called "Lish" unless I invite you to do so, or if you know me from this blog.

2. While I love my cats dearly and see that they are mildly intelligent creatures, I will forever remain a dog-person.

3. Even though I know I am a good English teacher, I get very sheepish when discussing what I do.

4. I collect the last writing from people who are close to dying.

5. I have been in love twice in my three longest relationships.

6. I fear going to Farmington just because I might run into a demon from my past. He probably doesn't live there anymore, but I'm still very uncomfortable there.

7. I kicked the daily drinking habit that was taking over my life.

8. I'm not a smoker, but I am tempted to buy cigarettes every time I smell the smoke.

9. I used to like when people thought I was a prude.

10. I fear I won't be a good German teacher.

11. I feel like I was Yoko, even though someone else fits the bill more recently.

12. I figured out who I don't want to be as a parent and wife while watching Oprah on Monday, June 26, 2006. I hadn't watched Oprah since 2002.

13. My favorite numbers are 4, 7 and 13.

14. I just had a pre-employment physical and the doctor said that I am average weight, when compared to others in the Canton area. I still say I am fat.

15. I eat because it fills the void of being with someone but being alone at the same time.

16. I still dream that I will wake up and learn that I have a much better life.

17. I like pepper on cantaloupe.

18. I almost dated one of my percussion instructors.

19. I avoid the dentist because I'm too lazy to call and set up an appointment.

20. I am a die-hard capitalist. I work hard for my money, and I hate that the government takes a portion to give to people who either didn't make good decisions with their lives or are just too lazy to go out and get a job.

21. I wish I could be a hippie.

22. I sing in my car...really loud.

23. I want to travel around the world so that I can choose where I would live the best life.

24. I've thrown up once from alcohol. Usually I can hold my own fairly well.

25. I rarely sleep through an entire night.

26. Caffeine makes me sleepy.

27. I've had one documented kidney stone, but I think I have had a few more - smaller ones, of course. I just figured I'd be fine without visiting the ER (it's so good to have leftover medication!).

28. I miss the house I grew up in.

29. I used to go to a lot of hockey games.

30. I have a new friend named Jill. She is dating one of Jeremy's friends and we hit it off quickly. I am hoping she moves to Michigan in July.

31. I am much more confident and comfortable in front of new people. Teaching has really impacted me. In fact, I am really starting to like the attention.

32. I am every age I used to be.

33. I have weird images and memories from early childhood - being bathed in the kitchen sink, being potty-trained (I still blush) and Autumn drawing on me with a pen in my crib, among others.

34. I watch people too much.

35. I rarely forgive and I never forget.

That's all I can think of. Maybe more will come to me later. The day is still young.

Post or not to post - that is the question. POST

2 comments:

Peaj said...

I felt better after myl ist and i really didnt care what it made people think of me I mean it is me you can take it or leave it :) I do plan on adding to my list, just dont know when probably when it all bubbles over again.

Anonymous said...

I'll work on mine...it may take me a while to post it...given my time constraints..but I will...just be patient.