Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Driving

I have driven 1000 miles since Friday. I have been traveling primarily between my apartment and my parents' house. I have had a wedding, a family gathering, a contract signing session and an interview. I drove back to Paw Paw today. My interview went really well today. I am hoping to get a call back soon. I am not relying on that, though, as I have the German/English offer on the table. I have to complete some paperwork and have a physical next week. yippee.

I have been searching apartment listings. My uncle has been renovating his townhouse and is putting it on the market soon. He said that if I cannot find a place to live, I am more than welcome to briefly rent his townhouse. That's pretty nifty.

I am excited to be returning to the Detroit/Ann Arbor area. I am in high spirits. My life seems to be panning out well now. I just have to decide which grad program (English) will be the best for me. I also need to look into grad programs I want for German.

I am also saving up for an intensive German class in Munich during the summer of 2007. That will count for my professional development and will allow me to set aside the money for room and board, as well as tuition. The best part is that I will get to see a lot of the "folksy" culture, as Munich is in Bavaria (the southern region in Germany). Most Germans from the other regions consider Bavarians to be crazy or just plain hillbillies. It must be the lederhosen. I think it would be wonderful to see that part of the country. And there is time built in for travel - I can go to Bonn, Frankfurt and Berlin on day trips, especially on the weekends. I will definitely visit Austria, and possibly other countries, too.

1 comment:

Peaj said...

The detroit ann arbor area is a large area :) I hope we can get together once you move back and hang out!