Friday, June 02, 2006

Job Offer!

I contacted the principal today, and he offered me the German/English position! I made sure that he understood that I am not yet endorsed to teach German, but he said that all I need to do is sign up for the test and I will be all set (of course, I have to take the test). I am very worried about this job. I am so scared to teach German - what if I can't build up my skills enough to facilitate skill mastery in my students?

I will be speaking to the human resources department on Tuesday to fine tune the offer and see where I stand with my certification and salary. I am fairly happy - I just want an offer from the college prep school. As long as I don't sign anything, I can use my current offer as a bargaining tool to see what I can get for the other school.

At least I know I will be moving back to the Detroit area soon!!! I have to contact my uncle and find out if he's willing to rent his townhouse. Then, I need to start getting my shit ready to go!

...............................

Staff party tonight. I had a really good time - I didn't expect to go. I drank for a while, got drunk, spoke with many of my colleagues, sobered up, and then headed home. I am taking a short break from cleaning. I want to complete my bathroom and kitchen tonight, and maybe reorganize my linen closet, too. I will sort through clothes and get some things ready for donation tomorrow. It's time to get these things away from me.

...............................

I am losing weight. I seem to be swimming in my clothes and the belts keep going one more notch, one more notch. What a good feeling. This has been an incredible week! I finished all of my end-of-the-year paperwork today, so I have a week to just hang out in my office. What a way to close this school year.

...............................

Everything seems to be falling into place, for once. I don't think I have ever experienced this before. I've never had so much positive at one time. I hope it continues.

No comments: