Wednesday, August 22, 2007

...

I took my bike in for some much-needed repairs (the chain and several teeth on one circular disk have been destroyed). Unfortunately, TREK no longer stocks these particular components, so the bike mechanics are going to rebuild the entire thing with an updated drive section. When dealing with a pricey bike, things like that are rather pricey. I love my bike, though, and I haven't been able to use it. When trying to shift gears, the chain pops off.

Perhaps I should take one of the bike mechanics courses offered through REI. That could help a great deal.

Anyway, I won't have my bike for a couple of weeks. I will have to walk more, which is fine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Relacement parts are sometimes hard to find. Town and Country in Northville is very very good at finding rare replacement parts.

Just this week I got a couple Vavle extenders for my Custom Spinergy Carbon Fiber Front Wheel. I went to about 6 places before they found what I needed. It is a very custom piece, but I got them, at a steal of a price too.

Funny that you are getting your bike fixed up. I amgetting my back on the road this week. I plan on riding a lot when I get back from NYC on Tuesday

Lish said...

I find it really odd that we never see each other. We live a few buildings away, and we are more internet friends than anything else. We need to fix that!

Currently, I am counting calories and logging all of my activities. No junk food. No snacking. No alcohol!!!

All I want to do is bake cookies. and drink Amaretto. Damn.

Anonymous said...

heh. I switched my diet too.

I was confused at weirded out when my nutritionist actually said I was not eating enough calories.

I did not know that one actually can continue to gain fat cells even after caloric intake is reduced. Apparently the body then thinks it is starving and starts to save everything.

The trick to my weight loss has been to eat more healthy things, and cut out MOST of the snacks.

Of course, I need to exercise more too, which I have lacked in doing this week by driving to New York City not once, but twice. I am leaving for my secind trip today.

They explained it all to me... how the body burns the fact during exercise, but eating the right amount of calories for me keeps me from gaining more fat, blah blah blah..

Anyway, I did see you one day. I was turning left from Canton Court on to the Driveway to Haggerty. You pulled off the driveway like a mad woman, apparently ignoring whatever sign stop or yield sign was over there. ;)

I was with Theodore, we just laughed when we saw you fly by.