Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'm bringing my 'A' game today!

I set up my classroom today. I pulled from my stockpile of posters and other items to decorate, and then I tried to incorporate anything anyone was willing to sacrifice from their rooms. It is quite cool in there. I forgot to bring batteries for my digital camera, so those of you waiting to see pictures on MySpace will simply have to wait.

My bike repairs were completed early, so I picked up my bike today after dinner. I am very pleased with the work. The entire crank system had to be rebuilt, but I didn't have to pay for labor - just factory prices for the parts. It wasn't unreasonable.

After returning home, Jeremy was called in to work. Instead of the typical 1.5 call time, he was told to be there in 45 minutes, which is in violation of his contract. The union will eat this up! He plans on calling his rep after the trip. He is a new employee, so he is trying to stay in everyone's good graces. He will return tomorrow, so all is well that ends well.

Other things...other things...

My rosebush is thriving! I bought the little potted plant around Mother's Day, and I planted it outside shortly thereafter. It is currently about ten times the size it was then. It is constantly blooming and because the roots are doing so well, I will not have to dig it up for the winter. All I have to do is make sure I heap a little more mulch onto the base and let it go dormant. I will have to trim back foliage when it starts to bud in the spring, but that is nothing! I want to dig it up, though, when I move. I also want to dig up my dwarf Alberta spruce. The other plants can stay - well, maybe I will splice them and plant them in pots and build them up to full plants. I have two pumpkins, several acorn squash, and many gourds growing out back. I am excited to get into the spirit of fall time.

My colleagues and I have planned the first 21 days of English 12. We will have all of our paperwork completed by the end of the week! As far as German 1, I have everything from last year, so everything is ready to go! I will have so much less stress from the high school - I will be able to focus on grad school.

Mike and I will try to put in one last Ann Arbor thing this weekend. I like that we both can unwind so easily there (I'm certain it's the alcohol).

Noelle's husband will be returning home early next week.

I am becoming more confident with singing and playing the uke.

And the coolest thing for the night? My laundry is just about done! Now, I can focus on sorting items for donation and the dumpster. I love getting into cleaning like this!

No comments: