Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wedding money and phone calls

I slept in so late today. That's nothing new, but I had really wanted to get up and start viewing reception halls and such. My mother has finally given me a range. My parents are planning to pay for most of my wedding. I am shocked. After they had spent the money they set aside for my wedding on my sister's wedding in 2004, I thought I was just out of luck. Jeremy's parents plan to help with the bar, which is so nice of them. They had stated that they would not be help with any wedding costs, as they had to pay for their own wedding, but they must have had a change of heart.

Now, I just need to find a hall and reserve it. That is step number one.


--------------------------------------------

Just a little message to everyone out there. While I appreciate receiving phone calls, I would appreciate it if you would not call (or text, for that matter) after 10/10:30 at night. I am trying to get back into the rhythm of waking up early (to teach all day and attend grad school in the evenings). I do not have a land line, so my cell phone is usually on. I get quite annoyed if calls come in late.

Some of you are as close as family, though, and if you need me for ANYTHING, you can call ANYTIME. You know who you are.

Acquaintances with non-emergency calls should not wake me up from much needed rest. And you can assume that I will be unavailable after 10 on most nights.

I don't answer calls that show a number is "withheld", "unidentified", "blocked", or "anonymous" or whatever else the screen might say. I am not trying to be a snot about this, but I do expect a certain level of courtesy here. If you choose to not identify yourself, I don't want to receive your call. If you can't get on board and understand where I am coming from, then perhaps we shouldn't stay in contact.

Oh, and one more thing...if you have my number, please don't give it to others without my permission. That is presumptuous and incredibly rude.

No comments: