Thursday, August 02, 2007

The weekend belongs to Mesaba

Jeremy just received a call to report to work tomorrow morning. While it is great that he will be earning money, he was told he would have at least one more week before being called. Apparently, Detroit is in need of on-call first officers and so they decided to call in Jeremy, who is actually based in Memphis for August. It is good that he will probably spend the month flying trips that he wouldn't normally get (and they'll be out of Metro) until his official base change to Detroit on September 1st. I am just irritated because I canceled plans with friends to accommodate a trip to Chicago. I don't think I will get my little vacation at all this year. I may either fly or drive out to the west Michigan coast later in the weekend to see him (he will overnight in a decent little town and that could be different). Until then, maybe I will get to visit with MV. I also will probably visit with the folks and discuss wedding budget stuff (yeah, they said they'd 'help' but I need to know what that really mean$).

I think I may also use this time to plan my lessons for September. There is no sense in waiting - Jeremy will be home again early next week, and I would rather use that time to visit with him.

No comments: