Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Return of C-boy

I finished watching The English Patient and decided to check my email. I was thrilled when I opened it and saw that I had received a message from C-boy. If you aren't aware of who C-boy is and the odd story there, I am sorry; I am going to leave you in the dark.

As I opened the email, I was greeted with a brief message about his having to endure his first day of teaching for the school year tomorrow (he's a recent transplant to the south and his school year is starting quite early). After this little declaration, he spewed a small string of profanity that just brightened my day. An excerpt from that message: fuck shit piss. How can one not laugh at that?

Since he had started dating a woman at work last school year, he and I hadn't really had a chance to hang out. We had been hanging out regularly up to that point. It takes him a while to warm up to people, and he has a terrific sense of humor. I had actually forgotten that until I read his message.

I have no doubt his female students, as well as his gay male students, are going to be experiencing crushes and such quite soon. The students at my school were heart-broken to learn that he was not going to return next year.

I hope to hear from him again soon. And I hope he kept one of the congratulation posters I made of him and posted around the school to hang in his classroom. I enlarged two pictures from my HS yearbooks(his freshman and sophomore years when he had long hair and definitely looked like a total stoner), and posted them where everyone could see them. He was very pleased that I had done that. I would be horrified if my HS pictures made it out into the general population (well, I MIGHT allow my senior pictures but certainly not freshman year).

It sucks that another one of my drinking buddies is gone. He'll just have to visit, or I will have to fly down to Atlanta (I can do that for free!), and we will hit the bars there. That could be a fun, little adventure.

That's probably a bad idea.

No comments: