Tuesday, August 28, 2007

New school year

I found no trouble waking early today. I have to get to work by 8 for a staff meeting. Yesterday, I began to set up my classroom - people seemed amazed that I could pull things together the way I did. I think they forget that I have been teaching for five years now, and this past year was the only year I didn't have my own space; I was on a cart, traveling from room to room.

My mentor teacher gave me a DVD player for the room, as well as a stockpile of German stuff. How nifty is that!?! I will post pictures of everything once I put up my posters (they are still awaiting lamination in the library).

I like new beginnings. I saw students yesterday as they picked up their schedules - I am ready for school to start up again. I am even more eager to start grad school.

More later - I have to put several items away in my classroom before my meetings. Catch you all on the flip side!

No comments: