Thursday, August 23, 2007

...having a supportive and close family is a bad thing

Today, Jeremy and I decided to attack the pile of wedding information we've accumulated. We have narrowed our list, but we are running out of time if we want to book the place we want for next August. Our first choice was only available on a Friday night, which would not work, so our second choice is hopefully going to work out (I think it's a much nicer ballroom, personally). We started to price everything. I am really surprised average prices have risen so much since Autumn's wedding three years ago.

I've never really been all that into weddings, so I feel like I have no compass. Jeremy doesn't know what he wants, either. I prefer to look at the situation as though Jeremy and I are just easy to please and open to almost anything. That should make it easier, right?

Our guest list is going to be really short, aside from family. The places we like (and can afford) just won't accommodate a huge party. My family is huge, so I have to forgo the idea of having all of my friends see me get married and then celebrate with us. To think, Jeremy had an issue with some of the people on my list of friends - one in particular in Battle Creek - and we argued about it. Now, I realize that we wouldn't be able to have those individuals there, anyway, due to capacity restraints and such. Why does my family have to be so close-knit? Ugh...I am acting like having a supportive and close family is a bad thing. Weddings are just not good for one's mental health!


In the middle of contacting different halls, Jeremy received a call from work - he had to report within 90 minutes for a flight or two tonight. I'm happy that he won't be gone for days, but it sort of puts a crimp in what we were accomplishing. The two piles of contact forms (yes, I created fill-in-the-blank forms - I'm such a nerd!) now have to become one, and I don't have the time to get to all of them today. I have to get ready for rehearsal tonight, and I've been playing the ukulele to relieve stress. I can't call places tomorrow, as I will setting up my classroom - I am even taking in my mini fridge from college! Jeremy agreed to help, so maybe I will hand him the list while I decorate bulletin boards and hang posters. I've already rearranged the room and started to organize books and such, so that is good.

Other random thoughts:
My bike won't be ready for another week. I want to hang out with Mike soon. I need to compile all of my detailed lesson plans in binders before the year starts; that will save so much time and energy later on. I also need to order my textbooks for grad school. My instructors were nice enough to provide the syllabus early so that we can get the books cheap and such. How nice is that!?!

No comments: