Sunday, August 12, 2007

Now Hydrated and Not Sleeping

I don't know if I really messed up my system the other night or if this is the return of my insomnia, but I really can't sleep. I can't seem to focus on my Vonnegut novel, either.

I am feeling stressed about:

my interview on Monday
the new school year at either school
getting out of my lease and moving (I don't feel safe here)
lesson plans
wedding plans
cleaning my place
decorating my place (if I can't get out of my lease and move in the next month)
starting grad school ($4000. tuition bill + books + parking permit + incidentals)
keeping up with fitness goals


Jeremy just tells me to 'relax'. Telling someone this only serves to make them more stressed, because it is impossible to relax. There is far too much at stake here.


I've decided I will probably help my mother with her garage sale next weekend. I haven't yet told her this, but I want to assist my parents in getting rid of the stuff that stresses them out. When closing time hits, I will probably load up a bunch of their items and donate them. My mother would never do this, and the act is necessary. My mother may need an intervention. She has closets full of baby clothes that she has been collecting over the years - Autumn and I have no children. We don't plan to have them for a number of years.

My mother also collects baskets and rugs and dolls and suitcases and tents and shoes (although I think she has some of my clogs and I am trying to find them) and blankets and pillows and tables and figurines and picture frames (I took a handful last month) and salon equipment and dishes and pedestals and much, much more.

I am afraid she will turn into my grandmother - hoarding away EVERYTHING. I have pack-rat tendencies, too, but I am trying to fix them in my twenties here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you just need to get out and take your mind off of things.... you can always come on over to my place for french cheese and wine. And we can oogle over "not haves" of the other gender. :-)
We NEED another girls night.... I'm going through withdrawal...